[Wikimedia-l] About the concentration of resources in SF (itwas: "Communication plans for community engagement"

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 27 16:14:48 UTC 2013

On 08/27/2013 08:37 AM, Balázs Viczián wrote:
> Would be nice to see feasibility checks before outsourcing some tasks to
> chapters to make sure they are prepared for the task.

Sure, these checks are part of the FDC / IEG / any decent grant process.
Business as usual.

Also important:

Tech projects aiming to merge code in an existing project also need to
be in sync with the maintainers and the community. This is why we have a
separation between "Featured project ideas" (ready to be taken) and "Raw
projects" (not yet filtered) at

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Mentorship_programs/Possible_projects

Even the featured project ideas must get a reality check as soon as
someone steps in at a given time for a specific program.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation