[Wikimedia-l] Mobile image upload

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 21:25:53 UTC 2013

On Sunday, August 25, 2013, James Heilman wrote:

> Mobile image upload is a huge plus thus thanks to all who made it
> happen. It is allowing those who might not otherwise have be able to
> get involved to do so. Just saw this image come in through the mobile
> site
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dirty_white_pseudomembrane_classically_seen_in_diptheria_2013-07-06_11-07.jpg

Awesome! Maryana, Kenan, and the mobile team will be psyched to hear this.
:)

> I have never seen diphtheria as it is exceedingly rare in my area of
> the world. And technically this image is very hard to take. Look
> forwards to mobile editing arriving.

Mobile editing is here now, on the m.wikipedia.org mobile website. You
should see a pencil icon on every section. Feedback on how it works or
doesn't for you would be most welcome, since it's only been out of beta
since the end of July.