[Wikimedia-l] About the concentration of resources in SF (itwas: "Communication plans for community engagement"

Romaine Wiki romaine_wiki at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 24 22:19:13 UTC 2013

It is possible to have one location where everything is organized and arranged, but WMF is an international organisation to support the world wide Wikimedia movement. I think it would be good to have WMF deeper inside the world wide community, both digital and physical. I think it is healthy not to focus on one location, but to have an office more inside the Wikimedia movement, at least one on each (largely populated) continent.

For local communities WMF is far far far away, while localizing WMF would bring WMF and communities more together.

Romaine