[Wikimedia-l] Internet.org and Wikipedia Zero ?

Emmanuel Engelhart kelson at kiwix.org
Fri Aug 23 08:49:21 UTC 2013

I'm maybe too pessimistic, but I would be really surprised if this
project, at any time, really helps to provide an access (neutral) to the
Internet.

More probable: They will try to give a free/cheap access to a set of
their online services and so one do the same like AOL or MSN have tried
to do 15 years ago.

... or like we do with Wikipedia zero... but, to the contrary to this
alliance, Wikimedia has never claimed that they wanted to give access to
the Internet.

So, IMO, this whole story about internet.org stinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oFXCXQpJXI

Emmanuel

--
Kiwix - Wikipedia Offline & more