[Wikimedia-l] A proposal towards a multilingual Wikipedia

Denny Vrandečić denny.vrandecic at wikimedia.de
Fri Aug 23 08:45:59 UTC 2013

Using a rather simple pair like Afrikaans - Dutch or a heavily researched
one like English - Spanish would be giving us a wrong impression of how
this will scale. We should at least add a few random pairs like Yoruba -
Gujarati or Kazakh - Lombard. Most of our 67,000 language pairs that we
will have to cover will fall in the latter group, not in the first two.