[Wikimedia-l] law enforcement buying vulnerabilities on black market & leaving them unreported for surveillance

Seb35 seb35wikipedia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 11:49:33 UTC 2013

I aggree with JP Béland: the computer security obviously affects the
Wikimedia users, but imho we shouldn’t do more than we can and let the
responsability of their own security to the users -- although we should
contribute for a decent security.

For the specific topic you brought about 0-days, I’m not personnaly
surprised, this type of market was revealed some time ago, see for
instance
<http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2012/03/23/shopping-for-zero-days-an-price-list-for-hackers-secret-software-exploits/>.

~ Seb35