[Wikimedia-l] Questions for the Board post-Wikimania

Quim Gil qgil at wikimedia.org
Mon Aug 19 20:35:09 UTC 2013

On 08/14/2013 01:52 PM, Steven Walling wrote:
> Would the Board
> consider recruiting expert seats with more experience in engineering and
> product development?"

With or without expert seats, I believe the whole tech planning process
would improve if our tech volunteers (tech ambassadors?) would be more
involved since the beginning. This might mean a longer discussion, but
also more transparent and with a better community backing since the
beginning.

Moving some discussions early in the planning process might save a lot
more time and energy discussing months later, when prototypes and betas
start to show up. And by that time it could be the own tech ambassadors
the ones defending the plan they helped build.

Opinions are mine, etc.

--
Quim Gil
Technical Contributor Coordinator @ Wikimedia Foundation