[Wikimedia-l] Proposal - Training for Wikimedia movement boards

Chris Keating chriskeatingwiki at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 12:57:40 UTC 2013

At Wikimania there was (not for the first time) discussion that not much
support and advice there is available to Chapter board members. On Sunday
afternoon a small group of us (myself, Markus Glaser, Michał Buczyński,
Claudia Garad) met to work out how we could actually provide some training
to help improve this situation.

I am pleased to say we have a definite proposal for a 2-day workshop to be
organised in the early part of 2014:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Boards_training_workshop_proposal

This is open to all Chapter (or indeed Thematic Organisation) boards, but
is particularly focused on board members in those organisations that have,
or will soon have, staff. And while this is being organised by "chapter
people", we hope to engage with Foundation, FDC and Affcom wherever this
will be relevant.

If you are on a Wikimedia movement Board and are interested in attending,
please sign up on the Meta page!
Also, if you are reading the page and feel you could lead a session, please
also sign up on Meta!

If there is enough interest, we will define the programme more closely and
work out exactly where and when.

Regards,

Chris