[Wikimedia-l] A proposal towards a multilingual Wikipedia

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada emijrp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 08:37:07 UTC 2013

Most times the best approach is a compilation of several approaches.

Perhaps we can use the Denny system for the little introduction of articles
(for example: geography, biographies) and optional automatic translation
for the rest of the article.

I mean, if you follow a red link in a little Wikipedia, it loads the i18n
template + wikidata bits, so you have a brief summary about the topic. Then
you can save that "live" generated stub, and expand it (using
autotraslation from other WIkipedia).