[Wikimedia-l] Single User Login finalisation: some accounts will be renamed

Peter Southwood peter.southwood at telkomsa.net
Sat Aug 3 08:37:36 UTC 2013

Bear in mind that no matter how slowly and carefull it is done, the will
still be users who will claim to be surprised when it happens, and blame WMF
for not informing them, unless each one who will be affected is required to
acknowledge receipt of a message explaining unambiguously what will happen
and what they, personally can and must do, and to state that they understand
their obligations and undertake to do what is required of them within the
specified time. Even then there will be some drama - it is the nature of the
beast.
Cheers,
Peter