[Wikimedia-l] Disinformation regarding perfect forward secrecy for HTTPS

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Aug 2 20:34:44 UTC 2013

How much padding is already inherent in HTTPS?  Does the protocol pad to
the size of the blocks in the block cipher?

Seems to me that any amount of padding is going to give little bang for the
buck, at least without using some sort of pipelining.  You could probably
do quite a bit if you redesigned Mediawiki from scratch using all those
newfangled asynchronous javascript techniques, but that's not exactly an
easy task.  :)