[Wikimedia-l] Why the WP will never be a real encyclopaedia

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 21:29:17 UTC 2013

David

I am glad to see to see that so far everybody agrees with me, just nobody
can see the forest for the trees and most prefer to demonstrate how
offended they feel at my pointing out how naked the emperor is.

So, whereas I write "complete rubbish", what do you do to fight "systemic
bias [which] is a serious problem"?

Rui

On 1 August 2013 23:23, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 August 2013 22:19, Rui Correia <correia.rui at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So you mostly agree with m, but prefer to come out knee-jerking first and
> > only after that showing that you somehow agree.
>

> No, he's saying you're full of it, because you are. Under your
> definition, there has never been an encyclopedia in human history.
> This is not a useful definition.
>
> Systemic bias is a serious problem, but writing complete rubbish isn't
> going to solve it.
>

> - d.

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Work Consultant
Bridge to Angola - Angola Liaison Consultant

Mobile Number in South Africa +27 74 425 4186
Número de Telemóvel na África do Sul +27 74 425 4186