[Wikimedia-l] Why not everyone have the right to vote in the Board & FDC elections?

Ting Chen wing.philopp at gmx.de
Tue Apr 30 09:47:45 UTC 2013

And to come back to the topic.

At least in the theory, if someone is blocked in a project, than he has
a serious problem with that community. And the reason that his block is
not lifted should be a serious one. And if someone has a serious problem
with more than one community, than it is questionable if he should be
eligible to take part in the decision of such an office. So from the
theory I think the rule is ok.

If in the praxis someone is blocked by a project arbitrarily and he is
not able to appeal by that community, than that community and that
project has a real problem. And we should look into detail what is going
wrong in that project and in that community. But this is not an issue of
the election committee.

Greetings
Ting

Am 4/30/2013 11:24 AM, schrieb Itzik Edri:
> Ting, Risker,
>
> 1. To share thoughts and feedback about the elections, you don't must to be
> volunteer  in the committee.
>
> 2. I indeed thought about it only when I saw the centralnotice and read the
> voting requirement, I may needed to raise it before. But it's still doesn't
> mean we need to ignore from this issue
>
> Itzik
>

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Ting Chen <wing.philopp at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hello dear all,
>>
>> I would also like to ask everyone who has made their thoughts on the
>> election to take part on the election committee themselves the next time.
>>
>> Unfortunately when I made the call for volunteer earlier this year not
>> very many people responded.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Ting
>>
>> Am 4/30/2013 12:57 AM, schrieb Risker:

>>> started,
>>> with hardly any commentary at all; it is only now, after candidates may
>>> start entering the race, that people are complaining that we've failed to
>>> give the "right" people a vote (or alternately, that we've given too many
>>> people a vote).  There is almost no variation between the voter
>>> eligibility
>>> this year and in the previous election; the only relevant changes are
>>> dates
>>> for eligibility and the developer commit process (which was changed

>>> http://meta.wikimedia.org/**wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_**
>>> elections_2013/Post_mortem<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Foundation_elections_2013/Post_mortem>