[Wikimedia-l] Single User Login finalisation: some accounts will be renamed

Benjamin Chen bencmqwiki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 09:11:39 UTC 2013

On 30 Apr, 2013, at 4:02 PM, Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Will the affected users be given a one-time offer to have their accounts
> renamed, or are they stuck forever with the "~" ones?

Rename is still possible, similar to what we have now, but just on a global level. So no, they are not stuck forever with it, of course.

One thing to note is the technical limitation on # of edits. If account has too many edits, he may not be able to get it renamed further. How will that be managed? I guess James will address this issue, as he said he'll look through the rename list (make a one-time offer etc? ) .

Regards,

Benjamin Chen / [[User:Bencmq]]