[Wikimedia-l] Comments on compliance and the FDC Round 2 decisions

Craig Franklin cfranklin at halonetwork.net
Tue Apr 30 08:20:30 UTC 2013

Thankyou Asaf, points 1.1 and 1.2 pretty much answered all my questions on
this.

If I might offer a humble suggestion though, might I suggest for the
purposes of determining grant eligibility, rather than saying that it is
"Confirmed" or "Not Confirmed", a third status of "Conditional Eligibility"
is introduced.  This status would be used in situations like WMHK's, where
they are eligible at the beginning of the FDC process but have deliverables
due before the end of the FDC process that could potentially render them
ineligible.  This would make it very clear to the entity that while they
can proceed with their request, they also have to complete some other tasks
to receive an allocation.

Cheers,
Craig Franklin