[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CH staff changes in 2013

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 20:34:03 UTC 2013

Thomas Dalton, 10/04/2013 18:05:
>> According to the UK Charity Commission we are in the case where Ilario " has had no significant involvement with the trustees’ decision to create or retain the post, or with any material aspect of the recruitment process"
>
> It isn't written very clearly, but from context I am confident that
> those bullet points are intended to be an "and" not an "or".
> Nevertheless, voting on the plan which included creating these posts
> is "significant involvement".

By this logic, we should exclude all members (a rule I voted for in some
other cases, but not necessarily appropriate here). There are several
possible issues and countermeasures here but yours doesn't seem the most
relevant to me.

Resigning before a decision in COI is rarely an effective measure.
Resigning with smart timing can easily be a more subtle and effective
way to gain an advantage over someone else.
Or how about a board member directly discussing and approving a
process/framework for hiring an ED and then applying for said ED position?

Nemo