[Wikimedia-l] Lack of community involvement in WMF budget planning

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 17:52:36 UTC 2013

Steven Walling, 23/04/2013 17:58:
> I fully agree.
>
> My team, Editor Engagement Experiments, was one of the few submitted to the
> FDC for approval.[1] We got almost no substantive questions or comments on
> the Talk page or mailing lists from community members about our budget. [...]

That the FDC process has these problems, is a well-known issue and is
completely unrelated. Also, WMF is surely not the entity having more
problems coordinating its planning process with the FDC's.
On both the matters see
http://etherpad.wikimedia.org/wmconf2013-fdc-feedback ; please don't mix
things up.

Nemo