[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [Chapters] Question: How do we define lobbying?

Everton Zanella Alvarenga tom at wikimedia.org
Sat Apr 20 12:48:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 8:22 AM, Asaf Bartov <abartov at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> Certainly, it's possible: lobbying can be funded via the Wikimedia Grants
> Program, and the process is precisely the same as with any other type of
> activity.
>
> Detailed instructions at: https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Index

I am glad to hear that. I didn't know we could do it through Wikimedia grants.

Although in Brazil we need to analyse better what could be done, since
lobbying it not (yet) legalised. But I must tell sometimes there are
some people here that attempt to influence decisions made by officials
in the government, most often legislators or members of regulatory
agencies. And I know cases where we have made changes that were
benefitial for the Wikimedia movement.

@Wikimedia Brasil friends: please, see the thread "Question: How do we
define lobbying?" at wikimedia-l mailing list.

Tom

--
Everton Zanella Alvarenga (also Tom)
"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more