[Wikimedia-l] "Tweet this page" from some or all sites???

Andy Mabbett andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk
Fri Apr 19 08:39:25 UTC 2013

On 18 April 2013 13:46, Mathieu Stumpf <psychoslave at culture-libre.org> wrote:
> I really don't understand what's the supposed "barriers", you can save the
> whole page to send it, copy/paste the whole page, send the direct URL. What
> the use case where current possibilities would prevent one to share this
> knowledge?

Yes, people can do those things, but they are more likely to do so if
we make it /easier/ for them; by enabling sharing with a single click.
We need to remember that not everyone has our skills and experience
with digital tools.

There's a reason why many high profile sites include social media
sharing buttons; it increases the posting of links to their content.

--
Andy Mabbett
@pigsonthewing