[Wikimedia-l] "Tweet this page" from some or all sites???

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 22:20:54 UTC 2013

It's a fine idea, certainly good enough and popular enough to be worth
testing -- say, on logged-out readers.  Once we have some data on how
much this is used, we can decide how and where to include it.

As with any new feature, it might make sense for the first tests to be
on a community most friendly to it.  So for instance spanish wikinews
has a significant (80k followers) twitter presence: we should clearly
be able to offer a "tweet this" option that they could turn on in
their interface.

And  on general principle, I think we should be able to run any such
tests at 0.01% density on the largest projects -- so as to get
statistically interetsing results with minimal visibility or impact on
active community members.

SJ

Samuel Klein          @metasj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266