[Wikimedia-l] FDC Letter of Intent process and schedule for 2013-14

Patricio Lorente patricio.lorente at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 12:54:12 UTC 2013

Hi Milos!

I think you should read again the original email. The word "proposed" is
never used there. The fourth paragraph says:

"For your reference, here is the updated 2013-2014 Round 1 proposal process
schedule:", refering to the process schedule for actual proposals.

Perhaps you understood:

"For your reference, here is the updated 2013-2014 Round 1 proposed process
schedule:", which means a completely different thing. The email was not
intended to send a proposal, but an already fixed calendar, which, by the
way, should not create panic on anyone because the deadlines are in fact
being extended.

I hope is clearer now.

                                        Patricio

2013/4/18 Milos Rancic <millosh en gmail.com>

> On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Jan-Bart de Vreede
> <jdevreede en wikimedia.org> wrote:
> > I am sorry I don't understand the remarks completely… can you tell me a
> little bit more about what you are referring to?
>
> As not particularly interested in the topic, I read the first
> paragraph or two of the emails related to FDC, hoping that it's enough
> to be generally informed. This time I read the whole email.
>
> The first paragraph uses present tense, which means that things are
> definitely defined.
>
> Just fourth paragraph says that it's about *proposed* process schedule
> (which could be changed if there are [really] good reasons).
>
> So, if it's about something which has been proposed, which is not in
> power already, notice at the top of the email like "*** The
> information inside of this email is proposal. Conclusion of the
> process is schedule for <date>. ***", as well as noting that inside of
> the subject could be very useful for those (including myself) who are
> not particularly interested in the matter.
>
> In other words, if I am an active member of an affiliate organization
> and see this email before the first coffee, I'd alert my colleagues
> and likely cause a small level of panic. Note that the first date of
> the schedule has been put in less than two months, which is quite
> tight for some chapters (those which operate in large area and require
> board members to gather in person).
>
> So, while not a big deal per se, not marking such emails properly
> could cause unnecessary tension.

Patricio Lorente
Blog: http://www.patriciolorente.com.ar
Identi.ca // Twitter: @patriciolorente