[Wikimedia-l] "Tweet this page" from some or all sites???

Stevie Benton stevie.benton at wikimedia.org.uk
Thu Apr 18 09:43:12 UTC 2013

[Speaking personally, not from WMUK]

I like the idea of sharing buttons, as long as they aren't too prominent.
Wikipedia was a social medium before the term was really in widespread use.
I think it also shows that our audience is important. Aren't we ultimately
about sharing?

Stevie

On 18 April 2013 10:37, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 April 2013 10:27, Mathieu Stumpf <psychoslave at culture-libre.org>
> wrote:
>
> > I didn't read the tweeter EULA, as I don't use it. Does it feet our
> general
> > policy[1]? If no, as one may easily expect, then you have a definitive
> > answer to your "why not".
>

> You could tweet from a button without WMF sending data to Twitter, so
> that's not a problem.
>

> - d.

Stevie Benton
Communications Organiser
Wikimedia UK
+44 (0) 20 7065 0993 / +44 (0) 7803 505 173
@StevieBenton

Wikimedia UK is a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England
and Wales, Registered No. 6741827. Registered Charity No.1144513.
Registered Office 4th Floor, Development House, 56-64 Leonard Street,
London EC2A 4LT. United Kingdom. Wikimedia UK is the UK chapter of a
global Wikimedia movement. The Wikimedia projects are run by the
Wikimedia Foundation (who operate Wikipedia, amongst other projects).

*Wikimedia UK is an independent non-profit charity with no legal
control over Wikipedia nor responsibility for its contents.*