[Wikimedia-l] Are you interested in being interviewed about your LGBT experience with Wikimedia?

Fae faewik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 15:29:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

While I am at the Wikimedia conference in Milan, meeting a wide selection
of Wikimedians from around the globe, I would love to use the opportunity
to start recording a few short interviews with LGBT/queer/gay contributors
about their experiences on our projects.

I am happy to keep your identity confidential, though I would like to be
free to publish transcripts after they are reviewed with you and anything
you are no longer happy with is deleted.

If you would like to meet up with me for a short chat during the
conference, please do either track me down or send me an email and we will
try to coordinate a time.

For those not at Milan, I would love to chat. Drop me an email and perhaps
we can arrange a Skype call and pen a few notes together on etherpad at
some point.

If I can get a few interviews on record, I would like to eventually write a
short piece for Wikinews about what the culture on different Wikimedia
projects feels like for both open LGBT contributors or those that prefer to
keep their sexual orientation (or gender) a secret. There's no hurry, I'm
not a fast article writer. :-D

Cheers,
Fae
--