[Wikimedia-l] How gay friendly is Wikimedia and where do LGBT Wikimedians hang out?

Tom Morris tom at tommorris.org
Mon Apr 15 11:15:40 UTC 2013

On Monday, 15 April 2013 at 08:31, Fae wrote:
> The answer is we have real idea how gay friendly the projects are, but
> LGBT Wikimedians have been doing a lot more outreach recently and we
> think this is great evidence for our increasing diversity.
>
> From a few chats over tea at the GLAMwiki conference last weekend, I
> realised that most folks with an interest in LGBT matters were either
> unaware that anything had changed in the last year, or just had not
> got around to finding out where to go for more information (apart from
> asking me). So, here are 4 new global resources created in the last 12
> months for you to investigate, share with friends or bookmark for
> later:

Thanks for posting this, Fæ.

I'm hoping that the mailing list can be used for a variety of purposes, both as a safe space for discussing how to handle issues faced by LGBT Wikimedians, and for discussion of what people are working on, developing LGBT content on Wikimedia and so on. It'd be great if list members could post stubs they've been working on at Wikipedia, Wikinews articles, collections of photos they've uploaded to Commons and so on.

As for IRC, while it may not be a dating service, there is occasional campy, flirty silliness. :-)

--
Tom Morris
<http://tommorris.org/>