[Wikimedia-l] Lack of community involvement in WMF budget planning

Tomasz W. Kozłowski odder.wiki at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 19:19:18 UTC 2013

On 9 April 2013 13:45, Andrew Gray wrote:

> Doesn't the community consultation *follow* this?

They might follow this, though I am afraid that there is very little
point in discussing a budget that has already been aproved. This
timeline includes all events up to July 1, the day that the 2013/2014
fiscal year begins—so if community consultations are planned after
that date, there is little point in having them at all.

On April 9, Sue was supposed to "deliver Board feedback to the team";
can anyone comment on whether this happened, and if so, whether it
would be possible for community members to see the budget v. 1 and
Sue's feedback on it?

Also, if this is not possible, can we at least know why?

--
Tomasz W. Kozłowski
a.k.a. [[user:odder]]