[Wikimedia-l] WMIL new Executive Director

Itzik Edri itzik at infra.co.il
Tue Apr 9 19:58:54 UTC 2013

Hi,

After four months

After 6 years without employees, and 4 months of the recruitment process
(collecting resumes and interviews)  I happy to announce that last month
WMIL hired Executive Director to support the increase in WMIL's activities,
projects, volunteers and professionalization..

Meet Dorit Shafir Dyamant:

Over the last decade she mainly worked at NGO's in a variety of roles: from
marketing  through projects management and producing conferences. She have
MA degree in nonprofit management from the Hebrew University in Jerusalem
and B.A in literature and comparative philosophy from University of Haifa.

As a student at the Hebrew University, she founded and produced for 6 years
the project "Words and poets' - an open evenings meetings for young poets.

She married to Itay, and mother to Marom and Shalev. And I quote her, "I
love to read three books at the same time, I write primarily for myself all
my life, and I fervently supports positive thinking and action based
sharing and cross-fertilization."

She will attend the ChapConf in Milan next week and I encourage her
colleagues (CEO/ED and any chapters representatives or WMF's staff) to meet
her, share tips and welcome her to our Wikimedia family!

Dorit email is dorit at wikimedia.org.il and she already been subscribed to
all the relevant mailing lists.

I will use this opportunity also to share our new website (we just launched
it today) - we still have lot of bugs to fix and text improvement, but as
most of you can't understand Hebrew, it will not really change a lot for
you :) (We will launch the English version in the next few weeks):
http://www.wikimedia.org.il

Regards,
Itzik Edri
WMIL Chairman