[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia CH staff changes in 2013

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 18:55:53 UTC 2013

Charles,

Thank you for sharing this information. Can you elaborate on how the
conflict of interest of hiring a current board member was managed?

You say Ilario wasn't involved in the hiring process, but appropriately
managing such a conflict is more difficult than that. Did Ilario recuse
from all discussions and decisions about the job from the early planning
stages (ie. well before the job was advertised)? Did you seek professional
advise on how to manage the conflict?

In the UK, I think it is normal for a trustee to resign at least before
they apply for the job, ideally sooner.