[Wikimedia-l] French intelligency agency forces removal of a Wikipedia article

Romaine Wiki romaine_wiki at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 7 22:32:08 UTC 2013

An intelligence agency that apparently hasn't done enough intelligence to know that doing such action would cause the opposite and also clearly do not know how Wikipedia works. Did I had to high expectations or were their criteria of quality too low?

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:31:29, Fred Bauder <fredbaud at fairpoint.net> wrote:
> I can't see what would be sensitive in the article..

I think that the existence of the article is considered too sensitive for them, not realizing that all information is already elsewhere on the internet.

On Fri, 5 Apr 2013 22:09:51, "Peter Southwood" <peter.southwood at telkomsa.net> wrote:
> Well that's one way of drawing attention to the site...

We should thank them for making Wikipedia get in the spotlights. Free publicity.

As the intelligence agencies are enough encyclopaedic to have in our encyclopaedias, maybe we should think of setting up a project like Wiki Loves intelligence agencies.  ;-)  Compared to Wiki Loves Monuments are the heritage agencies loved by the Wikipedians and the heritage agencies like the Wikipedias, while with Wiki Loves intelligence agencies is probably only a one-way loving.

Romaine