[Wikimedia-l] xkcd collecting donations for WMF?

Matthew Walker mwalker at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 1 21:46:02 UTC 2013

> On an unrelated note; I can't make head nor tails of some of those csv
> files... Are we really collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars daily???

Depends on the day :p We had a 2 million dollar day when we opened the
floodgates in the US, UK, CA, AU, and NZ (We had five; I think NZ was the
fifth.)

Keep this in mind though; if the fundraiser is expected to raise ~35M
that's ~100k a day we need to raise! And the amount we're expected to raise
keeps going up.

~Matt Walker
Wikimedia Foundation
Fundraising Technology Team