[Wikimedia-l] CNET News: "Corruption in Wikiland? Paid PR scandal erupts at Wikipedia"

Katie Chan ktc at ktchan.info
Wed Sep 19 20:27:11 UTC 2012

On 19/09/2012 20:10, Erik Moeller wrote:

> - My understanding is that qrpedia.org is still under individual
> control, rather than chapter control. Is that correct? If so this is a
> bit problematic, and it would be good to secure control of it (I'm not
> offering that WMF would host it; I don't think the value/impact case
> for QR codes is sufficiently strong for that, but it would be good for
> at least a chapter to take responsibility for it for now).

Per Chris Keating on the UK list:
"QRpedia.org is owned by Roger Bamkin and Terence Eden, who have been
maintaining it, along with qrwp.org (where the "qrpedia" links resolve),
as volunteers. An agreement between Roger and Terence on the one hand
and Wikimedia UK on the other is in the works, shouldn't take more than
a few weeks to finish off, and will provide a firm basis for the growing
use of Wikipedia-linked QR codes in future."

     - Heinrich Heine