[Wikimedia-l] the hidden toolbox

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sun Sep 16 14:10:46 UTC 2012

Hello,

Time after time I run into new users of Wikimedia projects who don't
know that they can use the functions that are available in the Toolbox
on the sidebar, such as "What links here", "Upload file", "User
contributions" and "E-mail this user". I pointed these people to the
toolbox, because they were looking for these functions and couldn't
find them.

I also heard numerous complaints from users who use a [[screen
reader]] and don't know that they need to click the Toolbox link to
get access to these functions.

Here we have two reasons to have the Toolbox expanded by default.

Is there a reason to have the toolbox collapsed by default?

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
‪“We're living in pieces,
I want to live in peace.” – T. Moore‬