[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: [WikiEN-l] Improving dialogue between editors and "tech people"

JP Béland lebo.beland at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 20:49:33 UTC 2012

I read a while back something saying that no article on Wikipedia
belongs to anybody, meaning that despite how much you contributed to
it, anybody else is also "entitled" (for lack of a better term) to
modify it and contribute to it. I would like to see that "policy" or
"way of seeing things" expanded to the Wikis themselves. When reading
things like "my wiki", it seems like we are incorporating a sense of
"possession" in the way we see things. I mean, after all, Wikipedia
really belong to its readers, not its contributors anyway. I guess
it's more rhetoric than anything...

JP