[Wikimedia-l] Upcoming: WMF metrics/activities meeting -

ENWP Pine deyntestiss at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 19 17:24:38 UTC 2012

This is wonderful. Eric, as one of the IRC regulars, I suggest that you use #wikimedia-office since I’ve seen it used for WMF office hours in the past, and hosting a meeting in there 1) is easy for regulars to find, and 2) the activity will be visible to users who have their IRC clients set to automatically connect to that channel even if they didn’t get an announcement of a scheduled meeting, and 3) avoids cluttering other channels. Also, if you set up a new channel you will need to make sure that you’ve got sufficient ops in the channel to deal with trolls. If you use #wikimedia-office as I hope you will, you may want to make sure that you have some of the ops for that channel active and available during the meeting.

Thanks for this announcement.

Pine

----