[Wikimedia-l] Wikivoyage project launch/migration update

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 16 20:56:15 UTC 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Strainu <strainu10 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Erik,
>
> What languages are you launching with and what is the procedure for
> launching new languages?

We're basing the initial set on the languages which are ready for
import from Wikivoyage. At this point, it looks like that would be
German, Italian, English, French, Dutch and Swedish.

I think it's up to the language committee and the larger Wikimedia
community to determine the process for new languages. My understanding
is that per https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Language_proposal_policy
new languages would need to use the incubator at first to demonstrate
viability.

Erik
--
Erik Möller