[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] Wikimedia Foundation and Saudi Telecom (STC) partner to provide access to Wikipedia free of mobile data charges in the Middle East

Kul Wadhwa kwadhwa at wikimedia.org
Tue Oct 16 08:17:39 UTC 2012

Hi Yann,

Thanks Kul for your message.

My pleasure. I appreciate that you're asking all these questions, and
they're good questions. It's important that we continue to do things the
right way.

> The suspiction came also because of a mention of "improving content in
> the Arabic Wikipedia." I understand now that it is separate issue.

This must have gotten misinterpreted somewhere. Nothing changes about the
content. No company or governement should control or influence the content
and we're not making any deals, partnerships or some secret "eye-winking"
arrangements in any manner to allow that to happen.

--Kul

--
Kul Wadhwa
Head of Mobile