[Wikimedia-l] Throttling (was: Re: Please can someone put 50p in the meter)

Andrew Gray andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk
Sun Oct 14 15:25:29 UTC 2012

On 14 October 2012 15:50, John <phoenixoverride at gmail.com> wrote:
> IPs shouldnt get hit with an edit throttle, (it is really really high)

It doesn't seem it! Over the past few months, I've had it triggered
four times in an hour in two workshops, and one or two times in
perhaps four more. They're not all at the same location or using the
same machines, though they were all using institutional networks.
These are all new logged-in contributors editing from - presumably -
the same IP; I've not had it happen to me in the same sessions, but
that might just be chance.

These aren't very busy networks, however, and I can't imagine there's
a vast flood of active editing coming from them at the same time as
the workshop...

Is it possible to see where this is configured?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk