[Wikimedia-l] Info: Recruitment process for Secretary General of the Wikimedia Chapters Association

Fae fae at wikimedia.org.uk
Thu Oct 11 21:50:46 UTC 2012

On 11 October 2012 22:10, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> The consultant has apparently been chosen already based on a recommendation
> from Pavel. What other consultants were considered? What was the process?
> Did you get competing quotes?

No, I did not get competing quotes. This is limited to 3 to 4 thousand
euros of part time work over two months. I have had agencies and
consultants approaching me but Pavel's recommendation was solid.
Unfortunately Ziko was unavailable on the day for the interview.
Considering that Stefan comes with a great recommendation and
experience of doing very similar work, this seemed a low risk
decision. I have never worked with Stefan before and have no conflict
of loyalties in this regard, I am merely going for a low risk
pragmatic decision to ensure tangible progress on our first and most
important goal for this year - getting a Secretary General
established.

If the Council wishes to pause progress and consider a more detailed
recruitment process with a number of bids against an open
specification, I can ask Stefan to stop or terminate at any time and
WMDE will cover those costs. Considering the relatively low amount of
money involved, this might seem a poor use of our time, but I realize
that I am only the Chair, and apart from my passion and charisma, have
little real authority to proceed without a resolution in place.

Cheers,
Fae