[Wikimedia-l] What is the status of the WCA?

Fae faenwp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 6 15:19:30 UTC 2012

On 6 October 2012 16:12, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the current status of the WCA? The last update I can find is an
> email from Ziko to this list on 24 August (a month and a half ago) saying
> there would be a full report soon. Have I missed that report or are we
> still waiting for it?

Yes the report did not happen. Here is my update sent to the Chapters
list 2 days ago to avoid any confusion about what is planned:

Subject: Re: [Chapters] Calling for WCA meeting
A more detailed email is being prepared explaining the supported
recruitment process that we expect to establish the Secretary General
by the end of this year. I am recommending that:
* this is not dependent on finalizing a budget, as we can now confirm
sufficient budget commitment to the WCA to, at a minimum, have
sufficient to cover wind-up costs for the SG after employment
* the process will "piggy-back" on the WCA committees already formed,
however I would expect the recruitment process itself to be open to
all Council Members at every stage
* I have asked for a telecon schedule to be published on :meta next
week, so that Council Members can ask questions of the recruitment
manager and be updated on progress through out the recruitment
process.

I want first to raise this as a proposal with the Council Members, to
check if we need a resolution and a vote or they are content to
proceed. This will be the key purpose of the above email being
prepared. So I am being naughty in telling you first on this list
before we do that. :-)
<<<<

Cheers,
Fae