[Wikimedia-l] Free Knowledge across borders – Our new International Affairs Unit

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 01:25:15 UTC 2012

This is wonderful.  A few thoughts:

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Nicole Ebber
<nicole.ebber at wikimedia.de> wrote:

> I have published a blog post where I briefly introduce our plans and
> motives, ask for your support and invite you to get involved. [1]
> (Full-text below, but for the fancy version with links and a nice
> picture, please visit our blog :))
>
> I am very curious about your expectations, comments and wishes.

I would like to see some sort of international variation on the
WikiMedium theme -- at least more encouragement of us all to translate
such publications, if not the more regular reports.  I've always found
those an essential part of keeping up with WM-DE and it also usually
improves my month.

I think people from all communities and language backgrounds should
have a similar chance to get a deep understanding of what the chapter
is doing and planning.

Also: some extra effort to generate followup (from outside the
chapter) on some of the chapter's existing publications and research
would be welcome.

* Kompass 2020 and its background research (assuming it is revisited
in some fashion over time)
* Any data analysis or research studies commissioned by the chapter
* Roadmaps for the 2 or 3 largest chapter projects

Regards,
SJ