[Wikimedia-l] Fundraiser launch update

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:36:43 UTC 2012

This is an interesting idea, and makes a lot of sense. Non-English
fundraising hasn't really had the attention it needs in previous years (for
obvious reasons - it's more efficient to focus your attention where you can
achieve the most) and this should make a big difference.

I'm curious, as you do more and more testing each year and a shorter and
shorter fundraiser, how much of the total are you expecting to come from
testing? I was looking at the stats yesterday and, if I was reading it
correctly, the recent tests have been raising about as much per day as the
main 2010 fundraiser did.