[Wikimedia-l] End of term

Sebastian Moleski info at sebmol.me
Sat Nov 24 10:21:18 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Today, my term as President of Wikimedia Deutschland is coming to an end.
After five years on the board, I've decided to no longer seek re-election.
I did this because I think it's important that organizations regularly
allow "fresh blood" with new ideas, new perspectives, and new initiatives.
Every post is temporary, and so is the one I've held since 2009.

As one consequence, I will soon be leaving these mailing lists. I wish all
of you the best of luck in the future and hope that you will every day find
the courage and perseverance needed to make a difference through your work.

My personal commitment to our commone idea, to creating a world where
everyone everywhere can freely share in sum of all knowledge, has not
wavered. I will continue to support Wikimedia and am sure I will stay in
touch with many of you.

Finally, I want to thank everyone who has made the last five years truly
amazing. The progress that has been made since 2007 would not have been
possible without the inspiring, seemingly endless commitment shown by so
many outstanding individuals. Wikimedia shows what great truth lie in
Margaret Mead's famous words: "Never doubt that a small group of
thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only
thing that ever has."

Take care,

Sebastian Moleski
President