[Wikimedia-l] [Wikimedia Announcements] FDC recommendations on funds allocation, Round 1, 2012-13

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 06:37:14 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Dariusz Jemielniak <darekj at alk.edu.pl> wrote:
> The inaugural Funds Dissemination Committee (FDC) is pleased to announce
> recommendations [1] on Round 1 of funds allocations for the year 2012-13.
> The WMF Board of Trustees will make a decision on these recommendations by
> December 15, 2012.

Thanks very much to the members of the FDC who took on a brand-new
process and worked through lots and lots of often-confusing reading
and long meetings. Thanks also to the WMF staff who put in tons of
work behind the scenes organizing the process, reading proposals,
organizing meetings, etc; to the advisory group who worked hard to
flesh out this whole idea; to the board representatives who are
conveying this all back to the board; and to everyone who's commented
and helped out.

And thanks Dariusz for trying to answer everyone's questions -- that
part is never easy!

best,
phoebe

<at> gmail.com *