[Wikimedia-l] Fwd: FDC recommendations on funds allocation, Round 1, 2012-13

Jan-Bart de Vreede jdevreede at wikimedia.org
Thu Nov 15 20:10:34 UTC 2012

Hey Thomas,

I think I can take this one. I think that the FDC has expressed that its up to the WCA to determine its own financing model, while at the same time indicating that the membership fees model might not be the optimal solution for this, and that there are better ways)

At the same time the FDC has already expressed that the current FDC framework might not work for every situation (and has recommended one or two exceptions this time around). It is also suggesting that the Board of Trustees might want to make an exception to the current rules for applying to the FDC because of the unique nature of the WCA.

(and I think it is a good suggestion which is worth discussing)

Jan-Bart