[Wikimedia-l] Request: Location proposals for the Wikimedia Chapters Association

Fae faewca at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:11:00 UTC 2012

Re: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Resolutions/Public_call_for_proposals

Dear Wikimedians and Chapter enthusiasts,

This weekend I am planning to put forward the above drafted resolution
for the WCA Council on the location for legal registration. (Closing
date Sunday 11 November as voting opens on Monday.)

There have been only a few proposals discussed for location, and I and
the other Council Members would welcome wider engagement on proposed
locations. Please see the above resolution page and its discussion
page for more information.

If you are disappointed not to see a location you think would be
ideal, please raise a question on the resolution talk page on the
:meta wiki, or directly approach and discuss the proposal with a
Council Member (see the list at
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Membership>)
as locations should be "sponsored" by at least one Council Member;
they do not have to be part of the chapter in the location country.

There is not much time to add a proposal, however the process is
relatively simple:
1. Ensure one or more Council Members will "sponsor" the location.
2. Address the questions listed for locations in the resolution in a
page on :meta with some simple answers.

If you are having trouble contacting a friendly Council Member, please
contact me personally and I'll try to help out.

If you would like to review the proposals for locations and raise
questions or suggest improvements, that would be great too. :-)

Cheers,
Fae
Ashley Van Haeften (Fae) FaeWCA at gmail.com
Wikimedia Chapters Association Chair http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WCA