[Wikimedia-l] Board Governance Committee' agenda

Alice Wiegand awiegand at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 9 18:05:16 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've put the Board Govenance Committe's agenda for the next months on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_Board_Governance_Committee and would be
glad to see you joining discussions there and on the subpages which will be
created with the tasks we start.

There is one thing with some special urgency: we need to find a new board
member to fill one of the appointed seats. That's not easy and we will
reach out to the Advisory Committee, the community and externals to collect
nominations. But what needs to be first is to create a set of requirements,
skills and characteristics the Board needs. With the appointed Trustees the
Board has the opportunity to identify which of these are necessary in the
current composition to amend the Board's skills at a certain stage. Can we
find ways to get more overlapping in what is needed and what is wanted? I
Think in general it's important to find out more about expectations and
ideas of an "ideal Trustee". Help us get a broader picture, share your
thoughts on
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WMF_Board_Governance_Committee/Agenda_2012-2013/Appointed_seats/What_makes_a_good_Trustee%3F

Regards, Alice.