[Wikimedia-l] Democratizing the Wikimedia Foundation

Theo10011 de10011 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 15:12:08 UTC 2012

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 8:02 PM, Anders Wennersten
<mail at anderswennersten.se>wrote:

> Federico Leva (Nemo) skrev 2012-11-03 15:03:
>

>> Frankly, I think it's certainly not needed to "dramatize" it even less
>> than it currently is (i.e. to increase its rubberstamping hall appearance).
>>
>> Nemo
>>
>>  I do no understand.
> If they have a  "rubberstamping hall appearance" who is then perceived as
> having the power to decide.  And do you mean the preparation process is so
> excellent so no direct action is needed by the Board (which I would  take
> to be the ultimate sign of a well functioning democracy) what is then the
> issue at hand in this thread?

Since, you took this thread into the direction of FDC, advocating how
extending that model would "undramatize the role of the board". And you
asked the question about who has the power above, try and consider for a
moment - who picked you for the FDC? who thought of the FDC to begin with?
who laid out the framework, and facilitated its creation?

I can go on to point out the presence of board members, and this evaluation
period for the FDC when it's useful will be decided in 2 years. who will
decide then, to even have the FDC around anymore? Right, Democracy.

There isn't a lot of doubt where the centers of power are.

Regards
Theo