[Wikimedia-l] Announcing 2 New Community Fellows

Siko Bouterse sbouterse at wikimedia.org
Wed May 23 20:00:50 UTC 2012

Hi Richard and all,
I checked into the liability and benefits questions with our HR department
and WMF's Chief of Finance and Administration, and here is some more info
from them:

Individuals who have been awarded Fellowships from the Wikimedia Foundation
are covered by the insurance of the Wikimedia Foundation for work done as
part of their Fellowship agreement.

If they are in the United States, through third party service, the
Wikimedia Foundation is able to provide health insurance. If they reside
outside the United States, then the Wikimedia Foundation provides a
financial supplement to enable the Fellowship recipients to cover their own
health insurance.

If a Fellowship recipient is traveling on behalf of the Wikimedia
Foundation, outside of their home country, then they are provided with
travel accident insurance by the Wikimedia Foundation.

Hope this helps!  If you're looking for more specifics on WMF's HR
practices, I might suggest we take the conversation off-list and can try to
put you in touch with someone in a relevant department to advise.

Best,
Siko

--
Siko Bouterse