[Wikimedia-l] Study: Nobody cares about your copyright

Bjoern Hoehrmann derhoermi at gmx.net
Mon May 21 23:25:55 UTC 2012

* David Gerard wrote:
>So, is the time ripe yet for us to start pushing for a 14-year term,
>or do we wait a bit? I suggest we start contemplating it, however.

You don't say who "we" are, but in case some people think the Wikimedia
Foundation should position itself on "copyright" matters much beyond
which licenses it is using and why, and which problems Wikipedia might
be facing due to various aspects of "copyright", the likely result is,
"This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as
a bad move" especially if it comes as specific as the suggestion above.