[Wikimedia-l] [Announcement] James Forrester joins WMF as Technical Product Analyst

James Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Thu May 17 22:42:43 UTC 2012

On 17 May 2012 22:51, Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Kat Walsh <kat at mindspillage.org> wrote:
>> Also, I am having serious trouble wrapping my mind around James living
>> outside the UK.
>
> We've confirmed through experimental visits to San Francisco that
> James can in fact exist outside the UK in a stable state. But let's
> face it -- we'll either see some significant changes in James'
> Britishness, or we'll see Californians increasingly pick up some new
> and strange habits. I'm betting it's the latter.
>
> On a more personal note, it's kind of funny - James and I probably
> most frequently touched base in person at Wikimania, so whenever he
> visits I get flashbacks of Wikimanias past. With James joining, and
> some other recent additions, it's really gratifying to see WMF be more
> and more a reflection of who we are.
>
> We're very lucky that the timing has aligned for James to join us for
> the Visual Editor project; I highly doubt we would have been able to
> find the combination of skills (deep community expertise, ability to
> ship product, technical depth) otherwise. He's an old colleague and
> friend, and I look forward to working more closely with him. :-)

Thank you, Erik, and everyone else. I hope to live up to your
expectations! It is of course a huge honour to join the Foundation and
especially the hugely-important Visual Editor project.

I can assure those who are worried that I drink both coffee and tea in
near-equal quantities, that my neuro-stability has been observed at
linear distances from London exceeding that of San Francisco, that any
spelling correction tools we ship will fix "humor", and that you can
take my cut-glass accent from my cold dead hands. Or something. :-)

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester
jdforrester at wikimedia.org | jdforrester at gmail.com