[Wikimedia-l] Wikimedia sites not easy to archive (Was Re: Knol is closing tomorrow )

emijrp emijrp at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:01:37 UTC 2012

The only issues for Wikimedia projects perservation/forking by third
parties are the missing image dumps (which are being created since some
days ago, thanks Ariel) and the usernames/passwords table (not a big
problem in an apocalyptic scenario, where articles and images have top
priority).

We at WikiTeam are uploading wiki dumps to Internet Archive, and recently
some official mirrors of Wikimedia dumps (articles + images) are being
created around the globe (currently in 3 different locations).

I think we are taking great steps in the last year.